Eight local women selected for the 40th Anniversary of this prestigious leadership and community service award
YWCA Greater Cleveland has announced the 2016 recipients of the YWCA Women of Achievement Awards. This prestigious award, celebrating its 40th year, is presented to a select group of Northeast Ohio women who have achieved extraordinary accomplishments through career success, community service, leadership, mentoring, and dedication to YWCA’s mission of eliminating racism and empowering women.
The 2016 Women of Achievement Award recipients are:
- Micki Byrnes, President and General Manager, WKYC Channel 3 – Cleveland
- Lee Friedman, Chief Executive Officer, College Now Greater Cleveland
- Kathryn “Kit” Jensen, Chief Operating Officer, ideastream
- Kym Sellers, Founder, Kym Sellers Foundation; television and radio personality
- Robyn Minter Smyers, Partner-in-Charge, Thompson Hine LLP – Cleveland Office
- Maryrose Sylvester, President and Chief Executive Officer, Current Powered by GE
- Nancy Tinsley, President of Parma Medical Center, University Hospitals
- Sue Tyler, Executive Vice President and Chief Experience Officer, Medical Mutual of Ohio
“It is a pleasure to honor and share the accomplishments of these eight influential leaders, especially for this monumental 40th Anniversary celebration of Women of Achievement,” says Margaret Mitchell, YWCA Greater Cleveland’s President and CEO. “These women are talented and exemplary in their careers, and they are dedicated to changing lives and communities in Greater Cleveland and beyond.”
The 40th YWCA Women of Achievement Luncheon will be held in conjunction with the YWCA Women’s Leadership Conference on Monday, May 2, 2016 at the Renaissance Cleveland Hotel. This is the first year the highly-anticipated event will feature an entire day full of dynamic conference workshops. Visit www.ywcaofcleveland.org for more information on the Women of Achievement Awards Luncheon & Conference.
For profiles on these 8 exceptional women, click here.