• Compared to peers, foster youth are three times less likely to graduate high school and half as likely to complete any college.
• Approximately 200 teens age out of foster care annually in Cuyahoga County.
• 24% of youth find themselves homeless within four years of leaving the foster care system.
• Within four years, 60% have become unmarried parents.
• More than 480 children under the age of 5 are homeless in Cuyahoga County each year.
That’s #YWeAct! Join us for our signature event in support of these young people in need — the Circle of Women Breakfast supports the YWCA’s NIA Program – Nurturing Independence & Aspirations NIA provides supportive services for Independence Place, Teen NIA, and the Early Learning Center.
7th Annual Circle of Women Breakfast
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
The InterContinental Hotel
9801 Carnegie Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio
Free self parking (encouraged) is available in 100th Street Garage or Valet Parking at the Hotel.
This year’s event co-chairs Lauren Rich Fine and Jo Goren encourage you to join the Circle! The cost of breakfast is covered by our table hosts. Your event donation of $150 or more goes directly to the NIA program. http://www.ywcaofcleveland.org It takes courage for the youth and families we serve in NIA to change their lives. And it takes courage from people like YOU to stand up and help young people when they need it most. please join us in the circle!
To register, click here or reply directly to a table host.